It is important for you to have a team that has your best interest in mind. Do you and your team know what is expected of them? Let’s look at the make-up of the estate planning team and their responsibilities.
- An individual, licensed by the state to prepare legal documents including: Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney, Medical Powers of Attorney
- Creates a financial plan that includes investments, insurance and retirement accounts
- Prepares tax returns and assists in tax planning
- A corporate trustee and/or individual named in your will to settle your estate
- Responsible for the day to day administration of your trust
- A corporate trustee that works with the trust beneficiaries to meet the beneficiaries needs and distributes the trust assets as set forth in your document
- Assists you with checking, savings and other transactional needs and is a resource for other important information & services