join us today
Part of the Family
Credit Union Trust is a credit union service organization and a limited purpose bank, owned by seven Michigan credit unions. It was formed in 2019 to provide credit union members and the public with professional trustee services.
The Sales Manager position is being added to accelerate growth with the current credit union partners and to introduce the Credit Union Trust program to more than 200 Michigan-based credit unions, creating a robust referral/distribution channel for Credit Union Trust services. The Sales Manager will work with Credit Union Trust’s management team and each Credit Union’s assigned team to provide expertise and resources to accelerate growth and achieve other agreed-upon goals. The position will be based in the Farmington Hills headquarters and report to Credit Union Trust’s President & CEO. The position is salaried and includes employee benefits.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Execution of the Credit Union Trust sales plan
• Maintaining and executing successful business plans for each credit union
• Generating referrals to trust specialists
• Receiving inbound calls and making outbound calls to existing credit unions and prospective credit unions. Arrange for appointments and meeting follow-up
• Providing ongoing education and coaching at credit unions
• Assisting with maintaining Credit Union Trust’s enterprise sales plan & tracking reports
• Developing sales ideas, targeted sales campaigns, and incentive programs, if needed
• Coordinating sales activities internally and with credit unions
• Identifying opportunities for growth for Credit Union Trust and the owner credit unions.
Qualifications, Skill Set:
• Demonstrated sales results wholesaling in the credit union marketplace
• Experience in coaching and training credit union employees and executives on services
• An ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
• A working knowledge of trust and brokerage services is desired
• A professional demeanor and appearance are important
• PC proficiency with MS-Office and CRM systems
• Ability to communicate with management, sales, and marketing teams in credit unions
• An ability to motivate and influence others
• Outgoing personality with the ability to offer solutions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong sales skills.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree is desirable
• Professional designations such as CTFA or CFP and other licenses are also desirable.